What is ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, more commonly known as ADHD is mostly seen to affect children and teenager but can continue into the adulthood. It is one of the most commonly diagnosed disorders in children. The people affected by this disorder have trouble in paying attention and may be unable to control their impulses. Hence they have to take medications such as Adderall to stay normal.
Symptoms of ADHD:
The first symptom of ADHD is not being able to pay attention. People become easily distracted and cannot focus on one thing for long. People have a hard time sitting still and may fidget or squirm. Patients may become impulsive and act without thinking things through. They may become angry instantly or laugh too much.
What is Adderall?
In 1996, FDA approved the usage of Adderall to treat the patients with ADHD. It is a mixture made from four different types of amphetamine salts. It has Dextroamphetamine Saccharate, Amphetamine Sulfate, Amphetamine Aspartate and Dextroamphetamine Sulfate.
Why choose Adderall?
Adderall has lesser side effects compared to other medications like Ritalin. The wear-off effects are known to be less severe in this medication than in any other medication used for the treatment of ADHD.
Side effects of Adderall:
People using Adderall as a treatment of ADHD have suffered from minor side effects that include restlessness, vomiting, nausea, insomnia, dizziness, stomachache, decreased appetite, irritability, weight changes and headache. Dryness of the mouth can also be seen in some patients. All these symptoms are seen to be reduced with time.
Who should avoid taking Adderall?
- It is advised only to children older than 3 years of age.
- It should completely be avoided in patients with hypertension.
- Amphetamine present in these tablets can cause mania in patients with the Bipolar disorder.
- As this medication is very addictive, people with a history of drug abuse should take extreme caution while dealing with this medicine.
- Doctors have advised the patients to avoid using it or any medication for ADHD during pregnancy.
- Patients with glaucoma and overactive thyroid should avoid the usage.
- 14 shouldn’t be taken for 14 days after usage of any MAO inhibitor.
The Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder can be treated with Stimulants, Non-stimulants and Anti-depressant drugs.
Patients suffering from narcolepsy can also be treated with this medication. A prescription from the doctor is compulsory for buying Adderall otherwise it is considered illegal but you can buy Adderall online as well. It is recommended to take the dosage recommended by the doctor for minimum side effects and maximum efficiency.